Portable hydraulic filtration units, also called offline filtration devices, are mobile units used to pre-filter, transfer or condition hydraulic fluids from existing systems to new systems or to clean up existing systems.
What are portable hydraulic filtration units used for?
Portable hydraulic filtration units are used in industry for:
- Power flushing of sumps by flowing the oil at high velocities across base surfaces to push out low-lying sediments.
- Wand flushing by attaching a wand onto the hose and expelling high-pressure air into the machinery to elevate the debris. The pressure is then switched to vacuum motion to suck in the debris.
- Offline filtration where units are mounted to immovable machines to serve as extra filtration devices in addition to in-house filtration systems.
Types of portable hydraulic filtration units
- Filter carts contain filters, motors and pumps to form independent units that are set on wheeled trolleys. They can be easily moved around factories to service various types of machinery.
- Filter drums are massive barrels that can filter very large quantities of fluid and can be mounted temporarily on top of hydraulic systems.